Who are the School Trust
The Acland Burghley School Trust is a registered charity which has been set up to raise funds for extra-curricular opportunities and to improve the school grounds for all of our students. With a regular gift through a standing order or even a one-off donation, you can help us say yes to more performing arts productions, yes to inspiring guest speakers and class trips and yes to improved sports facilities.
If you think you might be able to help please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
The current Trustees are:
- Celia Grace (Chair)
- Madeleine Holt
- Claire Melamed
- Kat Miller
- Tim Longfoot
Acland Burghley Trust
c/o Finance Manager
Acland Burghley School
020 7485 8515
We are registered with the Charity Commission and our registered charity number is 1002280.
Our Commitment to you
We are responsible for protecting your personal information, and we take this responsibility very seriously.
We want you to be happy with the information you give us, understand how it is used, know that we treat it with care, and know that you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time.
We promise to only collect personal information (or ‘data’) from those who directly interact with us: supporters, donors, fundraisers, event attendees, volunteers, and those who visit our website page.
We are the ‘data controller’ in respect of your personal information, and are responsible for what happens to it, where it goes, and who sees it.
We will never sell your data to third parties for their own marketing needs.
We will collect the minimum personal information we need, limited, where relevant, to your:
- Age/date of birth
- Contact number(s)
- Email address(es)
- Postal address
- Contact preferences
- Information for ‘market analysis’
- Records of fundraising events you’ve attended
- Campaigns you’ve supported
- Record of your contact with us – whether a query, compliment, or complaint.
We will only obtain and use this information, where relevant, to:
- Raise further awareness of the Charity and the work we do
- Help raise further funds to advance the education of pupils at Acland Burghley School
- Learn how best to contact you (and what about)
- Keep a record of your support
We will keep your data for personal information for:
- As long as you are an active donor, or fundraiser – and only for as long as necessary after your last interaction with us.
- Up to six years in relation to Gift Aid (in compliance with HMRC regulations)
- Up to seven years if you work for or volunteer with us
- As long as is necessary in relation to children attending our respite breaks
- As long as necessary if you have pledged a Legacy to us.
You can opt out of receiving communications from us at any time.
We will only be able to send communications, updates, or information to those who have stated they are happy for us to do so.
You can request to access, change, or delete your information at any time.
We will share your personal information with Acland Burghley School. We will share your personal information with other carefully selected third party partners, where relevant – and never for third party sale purposes – for:
- Secure storage
- Sending printed material (newsletters, updates, magazines, appeals) via a supplier
- Securely processing Direct Debits through CAF Bank and CAF Donate.
- Collecting any survey answers through a research agency
- Securely processing donations from giving platforms, using our partners
The previously mentioned third parties can only act on our instructions, in line with our contracts with them, and cannot use your personal information for any reason outside of those instructions, or sell those details to any other organisations.
We will protect your personal information by:
- Only keeping it for as long as is strictly necessary
- Only passing it to carefully selected third parties
- Securely destroying your personal data after the need for it has expired
- Acting upon any requests to view, change, or delete your information, within 30 days.
If you are unhappy with how we’ve handled your personal information, or a complaint you’ve made in respect of this, you have the right to contact the Information Commissioner’s Office.
Who we are:
The Acland Burghley School Trust is a UK charity registered with the Charity Commission (Charity Number: 1002280), and registered address is Acland Burghley School, Burghley Road, London NW5 1UJ. We are registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ZA464961).
You have the right to:
- Ask what information we hold about you – and be given that information
- Ask us to correct, change, or update any information we hold about you
- Withdraw your consent for us to use your information
- Ask us to delete your information entirely
- Make a complaint or ask any other question in relation to your information
- In relation to fundraising, legacies or donations, you have the right to opt out of communications
If you wish to do this, please contact email email@example.com or write to us at the above address.