Year 6 TransitionY6 Induction day booklet for students 2023-24.pdf
The Salvation Army have put together a podcast series for year 6 students to listen to with their families about transition to secondary school.
- Episode 1: How do I get there?
- Episode 2: What if I get lost?
- Episode 3: Will I cope with homework?
- Episode 4: Will I like the teachers?
- Episode 5: How do I make friends?
- Episode 6: What will my uniform look like?
- Episode 7: What equipment do I need?
- Episode 8: What are the rules?
- Episode 9: How will I stay organised?
- Episode 10: Will PE be OK?
Find all episodes here:
Are you planning on buying a laptop for your child over the summer?
The PDF below will give you some guidance on the specification we are suggesting you focus on. If you have questions please do get in touch with us.
What to expect from your subjects
During the pandemic, our departments and faculties produced a lovely video to give new Y7 students some insight into what they will learn in a number of subjects when they join us.
If you have any questions at all, please do not hesitate to contact us. There is a dedicated transition email address: email@example.com
For the full admissions process, please see Join Acland Burghley.