Admissions into current year 7 to year 11

Parents wishing to place their child or children in Acland Burghley School for the current year 7 or year groups 8-11 may apply directly to Acland Burghley School. Please select the in-year application form below. Alternatively, collect a copy of our application form from our school reception.

In-year application form

Show list Show Grid

Emailed requests should be sent to:

Once you have completed the application form in full and have all the necessary identification documentation, you should contact the school office on extension 1000 to arrange a time to go through your application. Please do not just drop-in to the school as we cannot guarantee that there will be someone available to process your application.

Please note, we are not able to process any application until all necessary documentation has been received.

Once an application form has been processed, the school will either make an offer or add the application to the school’s waiting list. The outcome will be communicated to the parent/carer within 20 working days of receipt of the application and by the end of July in each academic year, in accordance with national guidance.

Should an offer be made, the offer must be accepted or rejected within two weeks from the date of offer. If no reply is received, a letter will be sent stating that should there be no contact from the family within one week of the date of the letter, the offer will be withdrawn. Should an offer then be withdrawn, this will also be communicated in writing. If an application is placed onto our schools waiting list, it is done so in accordance with Camden’s admissions criteria for community schools. For more information, including the local authority's over-subscription criteria and the Admissions Appeals Timetable please view our Admissions Policy on the Policies page

Should a family move or change any of their contact details whilst waiting for an offer of a place to be made, it is the responsibility of the family to notify the school of any changes. Where there has been a change of address, new proof of address must be supplied.