Dear Parents, Carers and Families
We are reviewing our response to the Coronavirus outbreak and following all relevant advice. Please do stress with children the importance of hygiene in preventing the spread of the disease.
Our revised advice is:
Students who are unwell with flu like symptoms:
- We are advising students and staff experiencing symptoms widely advertised as possibly associated with Coronavirus (high temperature within the range of 38-39C, a new, persistent cough, shortness of breath) to remain at home;
- Families should phone the absence line, and report the symptoms;
- Families should call 111 or their family doctor, and receive advice on whether to arrange a test.
Possible future school closure:
- This is now a serious possibility, if not now, then later in the year;
- The government has a difficult decision to make, as the consequences of closure and non-closure could each be serious;
- We will follow whatever guidance we are given;
- In the meantime, students and families should be checking that they have access to Show My Homework, and making sure that they are familiar with how to use it;
- Ask tutors, teachers or YTLs for logins and passwords;
- SMH is available without logins or passwords, but it has better functionality with the personal login;
- Students in Y11 and Y13 need to spend time organising their text books, folders and notes, and making sure that they have all the resources necessary to do exam revision from home;
- If the school is asked to close, staff will be available by phone and email to give study advice to exam students.
In the meantime, we are open as usual, and will continue in this way until we are instructed otherwise.
It is a difficult and worrying time for many people. Please do let me know if there is anything we can do to support you.
With best wishes