Exam results and destinations
Congratulations to our Y11 cohort who have performed so well in their GCSEs. We are exceptionally proud of this cohort who have had to overcome so much but have worked hard all year and achieved so well. They are now in an excellent position to take their next steps into Post-16 study and beyond.
It is encouraging to see improvements in Maths and Science, the strategy here is working and students have made real strides in these subjects. Results in History, French and Spanish continue to be outstanding. GCSE Results across subjects have had brilliant success with 49% of students achieving at least one of the top 9-7 grades. We were thrilled to see a total of 139 grade 9s achieved; with 21 in History and 17 in Maths. In both French and Spanish, 50% of students achieved grades 9 to 7. With a strong suite of GCSEs, Acland Burghley students are now ready to embark on a variety of pathways and opportunities that will be open to them.
I am delighted that many of our students performed well beyond their targets, with special congratulations to 11 students who have made two or more additional grades of expected progress across all of their subjects.
Top Students with Outstanding Progress
Niamh Snape Holmes
Antonio Leyton Cavalera
Acland Burghley Students continue to achieve excellent results in their GCSEs
Oscar Kriwaczek: 9 9 9 9 9 9 9 9 9 9
Luka Cutler: 9 9 9 9 9 9 9 9 9 8
Sean Dodgson: 9 9 9 9 9 9 9 9 9 8
Beau Beckwith Leever: 9 9 9 9 9 9 9 9 9 6
Edie Castell: 9 9 9 9 9 9 9 8 8
Aran Sharif: 9 9 9 9 9 9 9 8 8 8
Aidan Gruenbaum: 9 9 9 9 9 9 8 8 8 6
Leila Sivaraman: 9 9 9 9 9 8 8 8 8
Josephine Robinson: 9 9 9 9 8 8 8 8 8 7
Well done Class of 2022!
99% of our Y11 leavers go on to post-16 compulsory education. Please see below for a full breakdown.
A level and BTEC
We have had another excellent year of HE applications at Acland Burghley, with over 80% of our students applying via UCAS, plus several other applications to art foundation and other FE/HE courses. We also supported several ex-Acland Burghley students with their applications.
Our students have been accepted on a range of prestigious and exciting courses. Just a few examples of their varied and exciting success:
- Elizabeth Christopher joined us in Y12 and achieved BTEC Performing Arts Double Distinction and Media A level A. She is reading Acting & Performance at LMA
- Ezekiel Day has been at Acland Burghley since Y7 and achieved 3 A* grades in A Level Maths, Physics and Music Tech. He is reading Tonmeister (Music & Sound Recording) at University of Surrey.
- Jack Hale has been with us since Y7 and achieved 3 A grades in A Level English Literature, History and Media A. He is reading Criminology at University of Manchester.
- Aniso Mohamed joined Acland Burghley in Y12 and has achieved BTEC Applied Science Double Distinction and Religious Studies A Level B. She is reading Diagnostic Radiography at City, University of London.
- Sawdah Mohamed has attended Burghley since Y7 and has achieved BTEC Applied Science Double Distinction and A Level Sociology A. She is reading Children’s Nursing at King’s College London.
- Ajmal Noormal came to Acland Burghley from Afghanistan at the start of Y12 and achieved BTEC Applied Science Double Distinction. A Level Applied Business Distinction, Maths E. Reading MSc Biomedical Science with full scholarship at University of Essex.
- Owen O’ Connor joined us in 2018 and has achieved an A grade in A Level History, Further Maths and Physics, and an A* in Maths. He is reading Physics with a Year Abroad at University of Lancaster.
- Erin Ridgway joined Acland Burghley in Y12 and achieved A* in English Literature and Textiles, and an A in Art. She is reading Art at the University of Edinburgh.
Despite a very challenging year for university applications, our applicants have excelled. Overall, there have been fewer university places available this year, due to a range of factors including very reduced capacity due to covid and an increase in 18 year olds nationally. Despite this, nearly 80% of students were placed at their first choice of university and only 4 students entered Clearing on results day. This is a testament to Acland Burghley’s very strong and confident post-18 advice and our students’ trust in that advice.
We are incredibly proud of all of our students – those going to university and those pursuing apprenticeships, years out, work and other options.
Class of 2022 celebrate A-level results (camden.gov.uk) – press release
LaSWAP students successfully progress to university:
• 72% of Acland Burghley’s 2022 Y13 cohort were placed at university via UCAS
• 76% of the cohort applied to university via UCAS
• 96% of applicants were placed at their first choice of course and university