This year is indeed the most important year, however let us reflect on how we finished last year. I am immensely proud of the year group in the way they conducted themselves last year during their mock exams leading up to completing their work experience. This year we want to build on the progress they all made last year and whilst learning new material, there will be opportunities to recap and reinforce some of the learning from Y10.
You will have further in class assessments and mock exams in December. I want to remind you the library is open every day in the morning and after school for quiet study.
This year is very exciting as you will be applying for sixth form and college. We will guide you through the application process as will your family.
To make excellent progress this year and achieve the GCSEs you deserve, we need you to be fully committed to learning inside and outside of the classroom and have excellent attendance and punctuality.
Please do check our website and the families bulletin for regular updates.
As always, the first point of contact for students and parents continues to be the form tutor. We have a strong year team with many years of experience.
I look forward to a busy yet exciting year ahead.
With best wishes
Y11 Year Team Leader
LaSWAP applications now open for Y11 Acland Burghley students
- Year 11 students should go to https://laswap.applicaa.com/LaSWAP to start their application
- They have been sent their log on details in the post. If they cannot find them they should ask their form tutor.
- The deadline for applications is Friday 3 February - please ignore any other deadlines
- We a running a webinar for families on Thursday 19 January detailing the LaSWAP application & interview process. Details are in the Families Bulletin.
- Please contact Ms Stanley with any questions - firstname.lastname@example.org
LaSWAP & Pathways application webinar - 19 January 2023
Thank you to all the families who joined our webinar. You can watch the recording on our sixth form YouTube channel, or find the slides below:
LaSWAP Pathways webinar for parents 2023
- 6th Form College Open Events for 2023 24 entry
- Exam Boards and recommended revision guides
- Y11 Easter Revision Menu
- Y11 March Assessment Summary
Introductory Webinar for Students & Families
Introduction to Oxbridge Webinar Nov 2022
The introduction to Oxbridge for Y11 and 12 Students Webinar can be viewed below:
Director of Learning KS4
Dixie McLean | email@example.com
Year Team Leader
Syed Ali | firstname.lastname@example.org
Student Progress Leader
Christina Louka | email@example.com
Tom Bryant | firstname.lastname@example.org
Luke Browne | email@example.com
Billy Pinches | firstname.lastname@example.org
Tara Vakil | email@example.com
Bethan Williams | firstname.lastname@example.org
Pedro Xavier | email@example.com
Jordan Williams | firstname.lastname@example.org
30 Jun 2023Y11 Leaver Assembly
30 Jun 2023Y11 LaSWAP Taster Day
30 Jun 2023Y11 Leavers Prom
17 Jul 2023to
20 Jul 2023New Y11 Work Experience
Adding dates to your calendar
Click the relevant icon to add individual diary dates to your calendar.
In Outlook you will need to click the 'Save' button.
Subscribe to the whole calendar
Please find below instructions on how to configure some of the most popular calendar programmes to automatically display dates from the public address of the school calendar feed, which is:
Feed address: webcal://aclandburghley.greenhousecms.co.uk/ical.ics
- Outlook: Scroll down to the 'Subscribe to a calendar' section, & use the feed address above
- iPhone: click this link and follow the on-screen instructions
- Gmail / Android: follow these instructions, using the feed address above