Good business is the best art.
Business is first studied at GCSE level. Over the last year, students have been able to listen to a wide range of business speakers including marketing experts, accountants, business development managers from Google and ex-students who have launched their own businesses.
Last year, a group of business students attended an Enterprise project run by Arsenal Football club. At KS4, pupils have their first opportunity to pursue discreet specialist business courses. Business Studies in KS4 is a popular subject choice. Students study the excellent AQA GCSE Business course. Our main aim through this curriculum is to equip students with the skills needed to progress into employment, self- employment, further training and higher education according to their individual abilities, aptitudes and ambitions.
Students experiences and achievements at KS4 provide an excellent platform for further study and achievement at KS5.
SLT Lead for Computing, Media Social Sciences and PE Faculty
Anna Rimington | email@example.com
Johnny Andreas | firstname.lastname@example.org
Chris Georgiou | email@example.com
- Purpose of business & Reasons for starting a business
- Basic functions and types of business
- Business enterprise and entrepreneurship
- Business Ownership
- Setting business aims and objectives
- Business location
- Business planning
- Expanding a business
- Influences on business
- Ethical and environmental considerations
- The economic climate on businesses
- Competitive environment
- Human resources
- Motivating employees
- Business operations
- The concept of quality
- Good customer services
- Interpreting cash flow forecasts
- Average rate of return
- Purpose of financial statements
- Components of financial statements
- Interpretation of data given on financial statements
- Calculating gross profit margin and net profit margin
Revision and examinations
BBC Business news and The Financial times, Guardian and The economist newspapers