Being a Confucius Classroom represents a great opportunity for our students, especially for keen linguists who would love the challenge of learning Mandarin. Through this status we will receive the following next year:
• A full time teacher of Mandarin which we would like to share with others - our primary feeder schools and our LaSwap partner schools.
• Access to Chinese dance, music and martial arts teachers.
• A link with a university in China.
• A funded language learning trip to China for up to 20 students and teachers in the summer holidays (participants will have to pay their flights only).
• A link with the Confucius Institute at the London South Bank University.
• Free text books and Chinese books for our library.
We are offering Mandarin in year 12 next year, and we will continue to offer Mandarin classes to students in all year groups in lunchtime and after school. We can also offer individual tuition to students who are really
keen to progress their proficiency in Mandarin. Students who take up these offers will be eligible to participate in our future trips to China.